October 25, 2020
Message from our Pastor
THE Family THAT PRAYS TOGETHER STAYS Together
Hello there, my dear parishioners and friends:
How are you today? I always pray for you all and hope you are doing well.
- Remember that we would like to pray for all your INTENTIONS. You can share with us two types of intentions. Private Intentions, which I will personally pray for. Or public intentions like (for a sick person/ job/ house/ etc.) that you would like to share with our parish community. Only the public intentions we will post in our website and the bulletin board so that the community can pray for these intentions too. There is also the option to offer a Mass for your intentions. Please contact me or the sisters with your intentions.
- Also we are still offering HOUSE BLESSINGS, ENTHRONEMENT of the Sacred Heart, ANOINTING OF THE SICK, COMMUNION TO HOMEBOUND…. Any of these things can be booked with Sr. Krolowa at 705 745 7631 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Halloween is coming… As you can imagine, I do not support that celebration, because it is clearly about bad spirits and things that are not from God. I encourage your children and youth to participate in the vocations office of our diocese, VIRTUAL ANNUAL ALL SAINTS DAY CONTEST. This year, in lieu of a party, they will be hosting two contest… Elementary School – Grades K-8. D choose a Saint, dress up, include 3 things you learned about your Saint and send the picture to email@example.com by October 30th. Please find details clicking HERE. And High School Grades 9 to 12, choose a Saint who inspires you in your Vocational journey and write a 1 page essay. Details and instructions are found HERE. Send the essay to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30th. Three winners per contest.
- During the month of November, we also remember our faithful beloved ones who have departed from this life to enjoy eternal life in the company of God and His saints. Starting November 1st we will offer our daily Masses for all our beloved departed. Please bring your ALL SOULS DAY envelope with the names of your loved ones or a list so that we can put the names in front of the altar and offer the Holy Mass for them during the whole month of November.
- We would like to thank all those who have submitted entries in the COLOURING COMPETITION, the deadline for submissions was Sunday October 25th. We will be announcing the winners soon.
- YOUTUBE LINK #3 TO A BRIEF TALK ABOUT THE HOLY ROSARY
- JOHN NEIGHBOURHOOD WALK: We are organizing a Rosary procession around the neighbourhood of St John the Baptist Parish, asking Our Lady to protect us from all the attacks of the devil and to mark the end of the Month of the Rosary. We are inviting you to join us and pray the Rosary on Saturday October 31st at St John the Baptist at 10:00 a.m.
- With great joy we announce the BEATIFICATION OF THE PRIEST FR. MICHAEL J. MCGIVNEY, founder of the Knights of Columbus, on October 31st, 2020. He was the parish priest at the archdiocese of Hartford in the USA, where 138 years ago he founded the Knights of Columbus to serve in the spiritual and material needs of that time. Today the Knights of Columbus is the world’s largest Catholic fraternal service organization, with more the 2 million members.
- And to conclude our information’s section of the ENTHRONEMENT OF THE SACRED HEART OF JESUS let us summarize the doctrine we have been explaining lately to arrive to a final conclusion:
1. The Enthronement of the image of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in every home is an official and social act of recognition of the kingship of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in a Catholic family;
2. It has as its final goal or objective to lead the members of the domestic society (household) to where Jesus reigns, to the final goal of our life: to heaven
3. It aims to establish committed Catholics, who do not have an objection to surrender their own lives for the spreading of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the only one who saves
4. A logic consequence of this mission or apostolate will be the making of a renewed Christianity out of our modern society, it is the restoration of the whole social order in Christ; this demands the fidelity of those who declared Jesus the King of their household;
5. Thus if Christ achieves to become the King of hearts, of the families, institutions and of the same social order in its wholeness, we do not need to await for the arrival of the Kingdom of heaven because our heaven would begin already on earth since where Christ reigns, God is the centre of everything and so, is it not that the same Paradise?
Kindly remember Margaret Jean Miron in your prayers, she passed away on October 8, 2020.
May her soul rest in peace and the Lord give consolation to her family and loved ones during this time of mourning. Eternal rest grant unto her O Lord and let perpetual light shine upon her.
God bless you all.
Fr Salvador Maria Tadeo Curutchet, IVE
Pastor of Sacred Heart- St John Parish
+1 705 933-8790